What Dishes to Cook to Impress a Girlfriend
One day you would think of surprising your girlfriend with a nice dinner cooked by yourself. Some tricky guys will order food at the restaurant, however, this is not what you exactly want, right? To impress her you have to think about her tastes and choose either the favorite dish or something unusual. Here are some possible recipes to consider.
Shrimp Mojito Pasta
- 100 g penne pasta;
- 7 tiger shrimp;
- 1 lime;
- 3 sprigs of mint;
- 60 ml of cream (33–35);
- 3 tsp of olive oil;
- 2 tsp of grated parmesan;
- salt, black pepper.
What to do:
1. Put pasta into salted boiling water and add a spoon of olive oil. Cook for 7-8 minutes.
2. Chop the mint leaves.
3. Fry the shrimp until half-cooked on a frying pan with olive oil for about a minute (they turn pink, but remain translucent), having previously salt and pepper.
4. Put the pasta into the pan, pour the cream, mix and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for a minute or two. Take it off the fire.
5. Squeeze a third of the lime into the pan and mix everything thoroughly. Lay on plates, sprinkle with parmesan, serve.
Broccoli with Asparagus and Green Peas
- 480 g broccoli;
- 40 g fresh spinach;
- 80 g of fresh green peas in pods
- 160 g asparagus
- 2 tsp of soy sauce;
- 3 tbsp. of honey;
- 5 tbsp. of olive oil;
- 2 tsp of wine vinegar;
- 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
What to do:
1. Boil water in a saucepan put broccoli there for 5 minutes.
2. Take out the broccoli, reduce the heat to medium, add water and put asparagus there for 10-15 minutes.
3. Pour soy sauce, honey, oil and both types of vinegar into a deep bowl — mix until the mixture becomes homogeneous.
4. Put all the vegetables in a beautiful deep dish, mix gently, pour in the dressing and mix again.
Pickled Tomato Salad with Young Cheese
- 2 large red tomatoes;
- 4 medium orange tomatoes;
- 20 cherry tomatoes;
- 100 g olive oil;
- 2 tbsp. of red wine vinegar;
- 1 sweet red or white onion;
- 2 handfuls of basil leaves;
- a small handful of mint leaves;
- a small handful of parsley leaves;
- 250 g of young cheese (mozzarella, burrata, Adyghe or unsalted feta cheese);
- Salt, pepper.
1. Cut large and medium tomatoes into small slices, and onions into thin rings, finely chop the greens.
2. Prepare the marinade: mix 2 tbsp. of oil, 1 tbsp. of vinegar, salt, and pepper. Pour the tomatoes, leave them for 30 minutes.
3. Mix the cherry tomatoes, onions, herbs in a large bowl. Pour the remaining oil and vinegar, add salt and pepper. Mix again.
4. Put the pickled tomatoes into plates. Top with a mixture of cherry, onion, and herbs. Chop the cheese into large pieces and put on plates.
Enjoy your meal!